Southeastern Ontario's leading centre for complex-acute and specialty care
Kingston General Hospital (KGH) is a community of people dedicated to transforming the patient and family experience through innovative and collaborative approaches to care, knowledge and leadership.
As southeastern Ontario’s leading centre for complex-acute and specialty care, and home to the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario, KGH serves, through its Kingston facility and 24 regional affiliate and satellite sites, almost 500,000 people who live in a 20,000-square-kilometre predominantly rural area, as well as some communities on James Bay in Ontario’s north.
In the Greater Kingston area we are the third largest employer and we have over 820 volunteers who contribute their energy and skills to caring for others.
To learn more about KGH check out this website and also join the conversation at KGHconnect.
Canada Post service disruption
There may be a Canada Post mail service disruption beginning as early as Monday, July 11. If it happens, KGH wants you to know what to do in case you are expecting mail from the hospital or if you were planning on mailing something to the hospital.
Expecting mail from the hospital?
- Clinic appointment information: If you are a patient, KGH is now working to book all future clinic appointments before you leave the hospital. If that is not possible, we will call you with the date and time of your next appointment. If you have any questions about an upcoming appointment, you can contact your doctor's office.
- Patient records: If you are a physician who receives patient care records through Canada Post please contact our Registration and Health Information Services Department to arrange for electronic delivery for the duration of the disruption at 613-549- 6666, extension 4655 or extension 3951.
- Payments: If you are a vendor expecting a payment from KGH you can sign up to receive payment via electronic funds transfer by filling in our EFT Authorization Form .
- Other time sensitive correspondence: If the documents you are expecting are time sensitive, KGH will work to make alternate arrangements for you to receive it. If it is not urgent, expect to receive this correspondence after any postal disruption.
Need to send something to the hospital?
- Payments: If you have received an invoice for hospital services, you are responsible for making bill payments on time during a postal disruption. You can do this in-person at our cashier’s office which is located near the KGH main lobby. KGH accepts cash, debit, credit card or cheque. The cashier’s office is open from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. If you would like to discuss any of the costs associated with your care, or to make arrangements for payment, please call KGH's Accounts Receivable office at 613-548- 2362. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Vendor Invoices: If you have an invoice to send to KGH, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 613-548- 6112.
A Kingston General Hospital clinician scientist specializing in 3-D cardiac and vascular imaging has been selected for a unique, two-week science exchange program in China this August.
Dr. Amer Johri, director of the Cardiovascular Imaging Network...
Having celebrated Kingston General Hospital’s 175th birthday back in 2013 most people know that we’re an organization with a rich history. But another important milestone was recently commemorated at KGH that recognized our role in the foundation of our...
The province’s efforts to create an electronic health record for every patient are picking up steam. Here at KGH we have been doing our part by taking part in an important pilot project that has...
Palliative care and end-of-life issues have been headline news recently. Our aging population and the resulting strain on our health care system are raising questions about how and where we provide care. The proposed medically...