For many years, our HDH and KGH sites have embraced a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship as evidenced by the numerous energy efficiency projects and energy services contracts completed across the sites over the last decade. By being a strong steward of our resources, KHSC remains in an excellent position to operate lean and cost-effective facilities, ensuring that healthcare dollars can be re-directed to patient care whenever possible.
KHSC Energy Conservation & Demand Management Plan (2019-2024) outlines our energy conservation and demand management strategy for the period of 2019-2024. This plan is also published to satisfy the regulatory requirements of Ontario Regulation 507/18, Broader Public Sector: Energy Reporting and Conservation and Demand Management Plans.
Annual Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting from two years prior will be published each year by July 1.
- OHA Green Hospital Scorecard Silver award 2015
- 2015 SWITCH Sustainable Energy Award / Kingston Hydro Electricity Conservation Award
- Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society's (CHES) Wayne McLellan Award of Excellence 2014
- OHA Water Conservation & Protection Award 2014
- OHA Green Hospital Scorecard Bronze award 2013
- 2011 SWITCH Sustainable Energy Award / Kingston Hydro Electricity Conservation Award