Information about Kingston General Hospital / Freedom of Information Requests
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) provides individuals with the right to:
- access their (non-health) personal information held by the hospital;
- access general records about the management and operation of the hospital;
- correct their personal information.
The Privacy Office is also the place to go if you want information about Kingston General Hospital that isn’t available on our hospital’s internet site or to access your personal information.
What types of information does Kingston General Hospital make available?
You can find a lot of information about the hospital’s management and operation elsewhere on this site where we post information such as annual reports and financial statements as well as other information. Click here to learn more.
I don’t see what I’m looking for on your website. How do I access other information about Kingston General Hospital?
Please submit your request in writing using the form below. Once completed, please send the Freedom of Information Access Request Form and mandatory application fee of $5 (cheque made payable to Kingston General Hospital) to the Freedom of Information Coordinator at the address below.
Privacy and Freedom of Information Office
Kingston General Hospital
76 Stuart Street
Kingston, ON K7L 2V7
Phone: (613) 549-6666 ext 2567
Fax: (613) 548-2445
How do I know what to ask for?
- Make sure you state your request as clearly as possible.
- We have a list of the types of documents found in various offices throughout the hospital listed by the office most responsible for them that might help you request information.
- We also have a list of places or ‘banks’ in the hospital (usually in electronic format) where your personal information may be stored. These are databases used by the hospital to provide care, charge for services, etc. You have the right to request access to your personal information.
- If you need assistance formulating your request, please contact the Privacy Office.
Will I have to pay anything in addition to the application fee?
In addition to the $5 application fee, other fees may apply to recover costs as permitted by law.
Are there records that I am not permitted to see?
By law, KGH cannot provide access to some records as listed below:
- labour relations
- the appointments or privileges of health professionals
- regulated health professionals’ private practice records
- research and teaching records
- hospital foundation and charitable donation records
- records relating to the provision of abortion services
- personal health information (subject to the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA))
- quality of care information (prepared by or for a designated quality of care committee under Quality of Care Information Protection Act (QCIPA))
If you have further questions about how to access information held by KGH, please contact the Privacy Office using the contact information provided above.