We want to provide care that best meets every patient’s needs no matter where they are in our region or what their unique challenges may be. By working more closely with our health and social service partners we can make sure patients get the right care where and when it’s needed most. This might mean placing our experts and services in the community and actively involving community partners as members of our care teams. At the same time, we want to continue our pursuit of innovation and discover new ways of delivering care, research and teaching to make our region healthier.
To achieve this strategic direction we will:
- Be a hospital beyond walls that delivers complex, acute and specialty care where and when it is needed most.
- Discover and apply innovations that improve patient outcomes and make our communities healthier.
- We have one, accessible, information system that supports a coordinated patient journey
- An integrated system of care optimizes access across the region and provides a coordinated patient experience
In 2019-20 together with our patients, families and partners we will:
- The HIS procurement identifies a product that meets regional clinical needs and provides good value for money
- KHSC is positioned to participate in an integrated care delivery system
How are we doing?
To learn more about our Quality Improvement Plan click here.