Is being a patient experience advisor right for you?
Being a patient experience advisor may be a good match with your skills and experiences if you can:
• Partner with staff to help improve hospital care for others.
• Talk about your experiences as a patient or family member – but also think beyond your own personal experiences.
• Talk about both positive and negative care experiences and share your thoughts on what went well and how things could have been done differently.
• Work with people who may be different than you.
• Listen to and think about what others say, even when you disagree.
• Bring a positive attitude to discussions.
• Keep any information you may hear as an advisor private and confidential.