The Clinical Research Centre (CRC), located on Watkins 4C and 5C in Kingston Health Sciences Centre, is a hub that brings together researchers, staff, students and trainees in clinical research and health services. Kingston Health Sciences Centre, Providence Care and Queen’s University are all served by the CRC.
Established in 2000, our centre has built its reputation on supporting and facilitating collaborative research across all disciplines and focus areas. The CRC leverages the expertise of a research methodologist, a biostatistician and a research facilitator to assist researchers and their teams with the design and implementation of research studies, data analysis, education and knowledge transfer.
Please contact the CRC as early as possible in your study process, as our staff’s assistance can be most effective when they’re involved from the beginning.
CRC activities include:
- Assist with planning, methodology and proposal development
- Provide input into data collection issues such as correct tools, database set-up, data coding and data management
- Assist in questionnaire design and data collection tools
- Biostatistical support, including planning, analysis and interpretation
- Assist with dissemination, including abstracts, presentations and preparation of manuscripts
- Assist with ethics submissions, clinical trial registrations and contracts
- Assist with clinical research education
- Provide information about funding opportunities
How to get started:
To schedule a meeting, please contact one of our team.
Wilma Hopman, MA
Andrew Day, MSc
Lisa McAvoy, MA, CCRP
Research Administration Facilitator