If you are a victim of sexual assault or domestic violence, go to your nearest Emergency department and ask to see the Sexual Assault/Family Violence (SA/FV) nurse. The SA/FV team is available 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.
Do you need our help?
You should seek treatment from a SA/FV nurse if:
- You’re 16 or older and a sexual assault took place in the last 12 days;
- You’re 16 or older and a domestic assault took place in the last 12 days or your injuries are still present;
- You’re under 16 and you experienced sexual assault or sexual abuse at any time in the past (no time frame limitations)
How to find us
You can find an SA/FV nurse on call in the Emergency departments at Kingston General Hospital, Hotel Dieu Hospital in Kingston and Lennox & Addington County General Hospital in Napanee. (If you’re under 16, our services are available in Kingston only.) Ask to see the nurse, who will escort you to our safe, confidential treatment area.
The Sexual Assault/Family Violence Program provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our services include:
- Emergency medical and nursing care;
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, HIV and pregnancy;
- Crisis counselling;
- Forensic evidence collection (including the Sexual Assault Evidence Kit), documentation and photography;
- Medical and social work follow up;
- Safety planning