Highlights of our redevelopment project
• Expansion of the intensive care unit (ICU) from 21 to 33 beds to provide patients with increased access to the most urgent care needed in a family oriented environment which will include a family lounge area and quiet consultation rooms.
• Construction of a new unit for inpatient mental health (from Hotel Dieu Hospital) to provide patients with a safe treatment setting for acutely ill patients. This project includes a dedicated child and adolescent mental health unit.
• Expansion and renovation of the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario to provide patients with an environment that will enhance privacy and dignity. This project includes adding two new radiation bunkers to increase treatment capacity, increasing the number of chemotherapy treatment chairs from 15 to 39, adding a specialized clinic area for pediatric patients and almost doubling the overall size of the cancer centre from 54,445 square feet to 91,085 square feet.
• Construction of a new, expanded 40-station in-centre kidney dialysis unit to provide enhanced comfort, privacy and dignity for a growing patient population who are some of the most acute and fragile patients from across Ontario.
• A new 25-bed unit for inpatient pediatrics to provide patients with enhanced privacy and increased access to a state-of-the-art pediatric critical care unit.
• A new 32-bed unit for medicine and inpatient oncology patients to provide. The new unit will consist of more private and isolation rooms to protect cancer patients with compromised immune systems.
• Expansion and upgrade of central processing services that provides the cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of surgical instruments and other patient care items.