DEPARTMENT: Information Management
TITLE: Clinical Systems Programmer Analyst 2 (1 Full-Time Position)
HOURS OF WORK: Days
Works with the client and/or team to establish project scope and objectives. Develops the work plan and resource plan for small to moderately complex information systems projects. Conducts analysis and prepares detailed specifications related to system implementation. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents system applications. Capable of working on all phases of systems analysis, development and delivery. Works under general supervision of the Group Leader and with the technical direction of more experienced analysts. Within this role, the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Tasks: Executes detailed application system tasks for all phases of the systems development lifecycle: problem definition, feasibility study, analysis, outline design, detailed design, implementation, and maintenance. For example:
· Acts in conjunction with the client, to establish the project and produces the statement of requirements
· Works with the client and/or team to define what constitutes a solution to the opportunity/problem and produces a logical model of the solution. Conducts workshops and presentations to validate business processes and system solutions with the functional area and/or the user community in conjunction with the project team members.
· Determines ways of implementing a solution and makes recommendations based on analysis
· Produces detailed system and technical design specifications
· Develops system deliverables such as configuration setup, programs, enhancements, reports, forms, interfaces, and conversions required for the system solution. Ensures that proper quality, integration and standards in relation to development objects are maintained
· Executes system unit testing and integration testing: works with the project team to identify mission critical business process scenarios; identifies transactions and data to be tested; manages expected results versus actual results; conducts preliminary/ALPHA testing; assigns follow up tasks to re-configure and retest; tracks error resolution.
· Assistants in user documentation, training materials development, and training
Project Management: Evaluates opportunities and establishes objectives and scope, in conjunction with the client. Develops the project work plan and resource plan, with input from the project team, and is responsible for the detailed planning, coordination and ultimate outcome of the project.
· University Degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics or related discipline OR equivalent combination of education and hospital clinical system experience.
· 3 years’ systems development experience in a corporate systems setting including 2 years’ recent experience in the development and support of clinical systems applications.
· 2+ years recent experience maintaining HIS applications (i.e. Misys CPR, Cerner, McKesson).
· Knowledge and application of project management methodologies.
· Knowledge and application of the principles of systems development methodology.
· Good communication skills in both written and oral forms as demonstrated through preparation of technical, training or project documents and presentations to IM staff.
· Ability to lead technical project teams.
· Ability to identify issues relating to systems development, systems operation or project completion and provide solutions.
· Excellent prioritization and organization skills as demonstrated by the ability to manage own time and successfully complete multiple tasks or projects assigned simultaneously.
· Knowledge of Database Management Systems (dbms) and relational database concepts in a client server environment, including knowledge of SQL.
· Understanding of Object Oriented programming concepts and knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language.
· Knowledge of MS-Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
· Proven ability to attend work regularly.
· Satisfactory criminal record check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
Please apply via email, quoting reference number 13-OC-590 to:Timothy Huddle Recruitment Advisor, Recruitment and Employee ServicesKINGSTON GENERAL HOSPITAL E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file for up to one year should another suitable opportunity arise. Please contact the Recruiter listed on this posting with any questions.