DEPARTMENT: University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
TITLE: Events Associate (1 Full-Time Position)
· Assists with the coordinating of signature events, stewardship and cultivation events
· Interacts directly with members of the public and clinical program leaders on behalf of the hospital. This includes, but is not limited to,
arranging tours, arranging for guest speakers, connecting donors with hospital staff, gathering information from health care providers to
share with volunteer committee members.
· Serves as an official foundation representative at select third party events. This includes, but is not limited to, accepting funds on behalf of
UHKF, control registration lists for events, make bank deposits for select events, and serve as the “hostess” for selected events.
· Assists with the development of invitations and marketing materials
· Designs announcements, PowerPoint presentations
· Produces reports from Raiser’s Edge (RE) from which strategic initiatives are developed
· Coordinates the production of registration lists, name tags and seating charts.
· Provide guidance and direction to volunteers, community groups, families and individuals interested in raising funds in support of Kingston’s
· Responds to inquiries from the public about events.
· Works with volunteer committees as required
· Creates, prepares and distributes meeting minutes, charts and supporting documents
· Maintains donor information, event invitation and participant lists by entering data into Raiser’s Edge
· Coordinates guest lists, food services arrangements and menu planning
· Develops and maintains electronic marketing material.
· Assists with posting website including third party and signature event information.
· College diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Fundraising or Marketing and Communications or an equivalent combination of education and
· Experience working in a fundraising environment preferred
· Experience as a volunteer in the not-for-profit sector preferred
· Strong inter-personal communication skills; ability to demonstrate diplomacy and respect and sensitivity in dealing with donors and volunteers
· Demonstrated commitment to excellence
· Strong writing skills
· Proficiency with Adobe CS5 Suite.
· Excellent organizational ability; capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another fundraising or contact management database
· Ability to manipulate data to best represent information to a variety of stakeholders
· Self-directed, but able to work as part of an effective team
· Proven ability to interact effectively with community volunteers
· Occasional evening and weekend work required
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Please apply via email, quoting reference number 12-OC-729 to: