HOURS OF WORK: Occasional relief
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Practice Leader, the physiotherapist serves to:
• provide assessment of assigned patients, develops and implements individual treatment programs;
• conforms to the Standards of Practice and Ethics of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario; and
• participates as a team member, completing activities that are directed towards a patient and family-centered environment and that contribute to quality, operational efficiency, professional and program development.
1. PROVIDES PATIENT AND FAMILY-CENTERED CLINICAL SERVICES:
• Utilizes evidence-based practice and best practice
• Utilizes outcome measures to guide clinical decision-making
• Reviews medical referrals
• Performs appropriate evaluation/assessment
• Analyses and states clinical findings
• Ensures informed consent is obtained for assessment, treatment, and disclosure or release of information
• Follows collaborative care plans as appropriate
• Evaluates and modifies treatment to meet patient’s needs
• Assigns appropriate client care to support staff
• Participates in interdisciplinary care planning, team and family conferences
• Communicates effectively with the client and all stakeholders involved in their care
• Coordinates services with community agencies
• Prepares documentation and reports according to College and organizational standards
• Enters workload data accurately at required frequency
• Provides student supervision
• Adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
• Graduate of a recognized school of Physiotherapy
• Active, unrestricted license to practice with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
• Experience in an acute care setting is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to evidence-based and best practice and ongoing professional development.
• Proven ability to attend work regularly.
• Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Please apply via email, quoting reference number 12-OC-734 to:
Recruitment Advisor, Recruitment and Employee Services
KINGSTON GENERAL HOSPITAL