DEPARTMENT: Patient Care Programs – Interventional Radiology
TITLE: Registered Nurse (2 Casual Positions)
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday (7:30 – 15:30 or 9:30 – 17:30)
Are you looking for an exciting career challenge in Nursing? If so, then KGH, Southeastern Ontario’s only trauma centre, is the place for you. In addition to receiving a comprehensive orientation, you will enjoy working collaboratively with members of the interprofessional team and have access to ongoing educational and Mentorship opportunities. We are at the forefront of leading Patient and Family Centered Care, where you have the opportunity to ensure Outstanding Care, Always for the residents of our surrounding communities.
Our Imaging Services Department currently has a requirement for two casual Registered Nurses to work on in-between shifts, partnered with a full time or regular part time Nurse in Interventional Radiology. Shift volume varies with last minute coverage including vacation and sick time coverage.
Why consider Kingston General Hospital? At KGH the care team is just one place for you to make your voice heard. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute through Nursing Practice Councils, Unit-Based Councils and other Advisory councils and teams. KGH is located along the shores of Lake Ontario in a city rich with history, an unbeatable lifestyle, first-class amenities, short-commute times and a smaller, more livable scale. Kingston has something for everyone!
Under the direction of the Manager or delegate, the RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of assigned patients, utilizing Total Patient Care in Interventional Radiology and the Imaging Services department. The RN will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and department/unit established procedures at all times. Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous Interventional Radiology Nursing experience preferred
- Knowledge and competence in CPR
- Three years critical care nursing experience within the last five years required
- Excellent assessment skills, airway management, cardiac monitoring and knowledge of drugs used for conscious sedation required
- Successful completion of a critical care course preferred
- Previous experience in Interventional Radiology and Imaging Services setting preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team an asset.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Please apply via email, quoting reference number 12-OC-827 to:
Stephanie Abrams, Recruitment Advisor (Nursing), Recruitment and Employee Services
KINGSTON GENERAL HOSPITAL