DEPARTMENT: Social Work- Emergency (Initial Assignment)
TITLE Social Worker II
(1 Temporary Full-time Position - approximately 6 months)
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating shifts as required
Under the direction of the Program Manager, and in consultation with the Professional Practice Leader, the Social Worker II is responsible for activities and intervention pertaining to patient care planning and delivery. Accountability is established through ongoing supervision and consultation, clinical recording, audit and performance appraisals. The Social Worker will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Masters Degree in Social Work required with a minimum of two years health related experience preferred.
• A minimum of two years health related experience preferred.
• Demonstrated assessment and therapy skills with expertise in individual, couple, family and group work required.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and community resources as well as an understanding of the discharge planning process required.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Teaching experience within academic and/or clinical settings preferred.
• Superior communication skills required, oral and written.
• Eligible for membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
• Proven ability to attend work regularly.
• Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must meet the physical demands of the position.
Please apply via email, quoting reference number 12-OC-599 by 2012 October 15 to:
Recruitment Advisor, Recruitment and Employee Services
KINGSTON GENERAL HOSPITAL