DEPARTMENT: University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
TITLE: Office Assistant
(1 Temporary Part-Time Position ending approx. 2013 June 30)
University Hospitals Kingston Foundation is the fundraising arm for Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston General Hospital and Providence Care. Created in 2005, the Foundation raises money for capital, education and research to benefit the 500,000 people of Southeastern Ontario served by the three teaching hospitals.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Office Assistant will provide administrative support to the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation. Within this role the Office Assistant is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the UHKF strategic plan including:
· offering an inspiring, donor-centered giving experience,
· mobilizing highly sophisticated fundraising techniques in way that reflects the distinct philanthropic culture of our region
· ensuring consistent high quality outcomes through exceptional process management and bringing to life new models of leadership.
· Will provide front desk coverage as required and with direction, revises correspondence, charts and other documents using Word
· With direction, revises spreadsheets using Excel
· Provides assistance with opening mail, letter production, bank deposits and out-going mail preparation
· Enters data into Raisers’ Edge database
· Prints and collates packages of materials
· Organizes supply and storage rooms, as needed and orders supplies
· Contacts staff and volunteers as needed to determine availability for meetings
· Places orders for catering
· Makes confirmation phone calls to event and meeting attendees
· Assists with special projects as required and provides assistance to UHKF events as required
· Assists with scanning, photocopying, filing and stuffing envelopes
· Represents the organization with professionalism and pride at all times.
· Adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other policies which govern this position
· Understands, is familiar with, and complies with all pertinent UHKF policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct, confidentiality and donor privacy, decision authority, conflict of interest, compliance with Canada Revenue Agency regulations and the Donor Bill of Rights.
**A full job description is available from People Services on Watkins 4
· Office Administration Diploma (1 year) or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 6 months (clerical/receptionist experience in an office setting within the past 3 years
· Experience as a volunteer in the not for profit sector preferred
· Experience working with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
· Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency in word processing, e-mail, internet, databases spreadsheets Demonstrated ability to follow instructions accurately,
work under pressure and cope with frequent interruptions
· Excellent organizational ability; capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines while demonstrating attention to detail
· Ability to adapt and respond to changing work environment.
· Proven ability to attend work on a regular basis
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Please apply via email, quoting reference number 12-OC-668 to: