Safe, modern facilities are essential for leading-edge acute care, research, and teaching hospitals. In Phase 1 of our hospital redevelopment project, we added 170,000 square feet of new space and renovated an additional 143,000 square feet at our KGH site. This year, we are aiming to submit the functional program for our Phase 2 redevelopment project to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care by the fall of 2017. Phase 2 includes plans for a brand new neonatal intensive care unit, labour and delivery facilities, labs and operating rooms.
Phase 2 redevelopment preliminary designs are complete
In 2017-18 together with patients and families, we will:
The Phase 2 redevelopment functional program is submitted to MOHLTC
How are we doing?
A detailed work plan is in place to guide the development of the Stage 2 Phase 2 Functional Program to ensure on time completion for submission to SE LHIN and MOHLTC by end of September 2017. During Q1:
- User groups for the five priority areas, namely Emergency Department, ORs, laboratories, maternal child and IT Data Centre were active in developing the functional program requirements for Phase 2;
- Displaced Functions planning process was started with Queen's and KHSC to address the requirements resulting from the demolition of Etherington Hall;
- Furniture and equipment planning was initiated;
- Work on the block schematics by HDR Architects was started;
- A work group was established to develop the Local Share Plan which is a critical component of the Stage 2 submission.