Made a discovery or exploring a new idea?
Our intellectual property and commercialization partner is the Technology Transfer Unit of the Office of Partnerships and Innovation at Queen's University.
Contact: Dr. Mike Wells, Manager, Commercial Development, Life Sciences
When should you contact them? The short answer is “early and often,” or when you are at a ‘eureka’ point, such as:
- testing an idea or completing a research project
- preparing to present or publish your work
- applying for funds for research or its applications
- completing a research contract
- applying for commercialization funding (e.g., NSERC i2i, CIHR funding opportunities)
- seeking grants that include a commercialization commitment.
For information about commercializing your research, please contact:
Michael Wells PhD, MBA
Manager of Life Sciences Commercialization
Office of Partnerships and Innovation
945 Princess St. Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
P: 613-533-6000 x79138