Looking for our media releases and advisories?
See our Media Release page to find recent and archived releases and advisories issued by Kingston General Hospital.
Making a request to KGH
Members of the media and/or third party affiliated organizations looking to gain access to the hospital are required do so by contacting the Strategy Management & Communications (SMC) department. We will make every effort to accommodate and provide any requested information, prior to the outlet's deadline, however, this cannot be guaranteed. We will facilitate the following:
- Photography, audio or video recording on hospital property
- Interviews with staff, physicians, students and volunteers or others working with or in the hospital
Interviews with patients and/or families
- Patient information and/or patient condition statements
- Hospital access
Patient personal health information (PHI) is confidential and therefore Strategy Management & Communications will not confirm or comment publicly on whether a patient has been admitted to KGH or on the condition of any patient without the patient's written consent, or that of a legally designated substitute decision-maker.
To speak with any KGH patient, family, staff, physician, volunteer or learner, or any other individual working or learning inside KGH you must first contact the Strategy Management & Communications department to obtain consent. Please be aware that hospital administrators and clinical experts are not generally available outside of regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday).
Access to KGH
To protect the health, safety and privacy of patients and families all members of the media must be escorted while on hospital property by a member of the Strategy Management & Communications department. Any member of the media accessing KGH for business purposes without prior consent will be escorted off the premises by security personnel. Members of the media must wear valid identification issued by their employer while on KGH property and should be prepared to produce it upon arrival. Members of the media must adhere to all KGH policies and procedures while on hospital property.
How to reach us
To make a request, please use the following contact information:
- KGH media relations line - 613-549-6666 extension 6875. This line is monitored Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Strategy Management & Communications department general information line - 613-549-6666 extension 2358. This line is monitored Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- For requests that fall outside of regular office hours, please call switchboard at 613-548-3232 and ask to have the on-call Strategic Communications Advisor contacted.