The KGH Research Institute (KGHRI) is dedicated to building innovative partnerships and pursuing excellence in patient-oriented research through a collaborative approach that leverages the combined strengths of all partners in translating knowledge into effective therapies, treatments and best practices.
We create and advance knowledge that brings evidence into practice for the benefit and empowerment of our patients, their families and our medical community.
Our strategic priorities:
- Cultivate excellence in focused areas of research and education by increasing the number of outstanding scientists and trainees
- Invest in facilities and infrastructure to enable collaborative and multi-disciplinary research
- Increase external research funding
- Translate research into novel and effective therapies, treatments and best practices
- Increase the dissemination and commercialization of new knowledge
- Champion the creation of a Kingston Health Sciences Research Institute with our partner institutions
The W.J. Henderson Centre for Patient-Oriented Care
Imagine a research environment that brings scientists, treatment teams, patients and families together to improve health care. The W.J. Henderson Centre for Patient-Oriented Research, slated to open in 2016, will house a multidisciplinary hub for researchers and practitioners across the continuum of care. Our new centre will foster a spirit of collaboration and investigation, attracting top scientists and providing facilities that make it easy for community members and patients to participate in research activities.
Take a look at the 2016 Year End Report: