As part of the intake steps that follow participation in the Information Session and Interview, volunteers will be asked to complete the following seven (7) eLearning modules.
Please note that a mobile device won’t support the eLearning program so you’ll need to use a laptop or desktop computer.
1) Volunteer Orientation: This course will provide you details about the online modules as well as an overview of Volunteer Services. Click here to launch this module.
2) Communicate with H.E.A.R.T.: This course will teach you the best way to communicate with patients, families, other volunteers, and employees at KHSC. Click here to launch this module.
3) Accessibility at KHSC: This course covers the different policies and practices regarding accessibility at KHSC. Click here to launch this module.
4) Health and Safety: This course will provide you information regarding Health and Safety policies at KHSC in order to help keep you safe while you volunteer. Click here to launch this module.
5) Emergency Codes: This course teaches you the different policies regarding the Emergency Codes at KHSC and some strategies for emergency preparedness. Click here to launch this module.
6) Privacy Review: This course discusses the importance of patient and personal privacy and the different strategies and policies in place to ensure that privacy is maintained. Click here to launch this module.
7) Volunteer Scope and Boundaries. This course will guide you through several scenarios to test your knowledge of the topics above. Click here to launch this module.
Once a placement has been determined, initial training is provided by a volunteer mentor and|or a staff member from the program or service the applicant is volunteering with. Click on the title of this section for more details.
Click here for a list of upcoming learning sessions and presentations for current KHSC staff, volunteers, learners and Patient Experience Advisors.
Volunteers can also take advantage of other KHSC learning opportunities posted in the Volunteer Services office and listed in the weekly eNewsletter